Dependencies after port tree update

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Jan 20 08:28:10 UTC 2013

On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 20:40:26 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I now run the command with what options ever, don't remember, but it's
> compiling and every few hours I have to answer n/y to delete a file, but
> there aren't stops regarding to the configuration.

I assume there is a -d or -D (delete distfiles) option missing
or probably no -y.

> I'm compiling since
> yesterday 17 or 18 o'clock, perhaps -8 hours where it might stopped
> regarding to such a question, when I didn't notice it.

I know portmaster has decent options to avoid those "interactivity
intermissions" to provide a full "batch based" unattended update
configuration. You can use /usr/local/etc/mergemaster.rc to store
your options mermanently; there is a sample file provided.

> It's an Athlon
> dual-core 2.1GHz with 4GB RAM, since I didn't edit anything, I suspect
> just one job is running. 837 ports where found with 420 new versions. I
> wonder how long it will continue compiling.

That doesn't sound very much. Less than 24 hours of scheduled
happy downtime should be sufficient. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany