FreeBSD 8.2 with pre-built KDE 3.5 package from FreeBSD 7.1 DVD

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Jan 18 02:20:08 UTC 2013

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 03:06:15 +0100, Georg Reilinger
<georgreilinger at yahoo.de> wrote:
> http://www.trinitydesktop.org/

Oops, I've forgotten that there is that fork. However, I suspect that KDE
and GNOME forks will suffer from Qt and GTK dependencies, resp. the
manpower (coders and user base, aka testers) to maintain the forks. A lot
of people don't like that DEs do look like and behave similar as DEs for
tablet PCs do, so in the near future, those forks might become more
important. OTOH KDE 4 still is a classic DE and not one of those tablet PC
like DEs.