svn bdb checkout?

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 19:51:46 UTC 2013

On 01/16/13 13:35, Peter Vereshagin wrote:
> Hello.
>
> 2013/01/16 13:19:19 -0600 "Joseph A. Nagy, Jr" <jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com> => To Peter Vereshagin :
> JANJ> On 01/16/13 12:58, Peter Vereshagin wrote:
> JANJ> > Hello.
> JANJ> >
> JANJ> > By far the 'portsnap' has a lag from svn. I think firefox-18.0,1 update was
> JANJ> > late at 4 days at the least, for instance.
> JANJ> >
> JANJ> > Thus I'd like to move to svn for base and ports.
> JANJ> <snip>
> JANJ>
> JANJ> Have you read the handbook?
> JANJ>
> JANJ> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.html
>
> & ...
>
> ?
>
> | grep -i bdb | wc -l
>
> 0
>
> Over again: How could I 'svn checkout' the sources without those '.svn'
> subdirectories in the each and every repo's subdirectories?
>
> Thank you.

As far as I know, you don't. It is part of how svn works. Those folders
tell svn that they are controlled by svn.

Deleting the .svn folder removes subversion control of that folder[0].
You can learn more, it seems, here[1].

[0]:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/154853/how-do-you-remove-subversion-control-for-a-folder

[1]: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/
--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org