USB in Windows7 guest

Boris Samorodov bsam at passap.ru
Sat Jan 12 15:28:39 UTC 2013

Hi Leslie and All,

09.01.2013 16:38, Leslie Jensen пишет:

> Hello.
>
> I posted this on the freebsd-virtualization list but got no answers so
> now I hope that someone here can shed the light for me.
>

> I have a Windows7 guest OS in Virtualbox on a FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE system.
>
> I've followed the instructions in the handbook for enabling USB-support
> in Virtualbox.
>
> In the machines settings I've ticked for activation of USB controller
> but not for USB2 because it needs an extension pack that's not available
> for freebsd if I've understood it right.
>
> I have an Epson V500 scanner that is recognized as an unknown device by
> the host OS.
>
> ugen7.2: <EPSON> at usbus7
> Unknown USB device: vendor 0x04b8 product 0x0130 bus uhub7
>

> I cannot get it to appear in the guest OS.
>
> Is it possible and if so what do I need to do in order to make it visible?

Sure it's possible. For me it (FreeBSD-i386 9-STABLE host, WinXP guest)
it just works. I'm not sure if it matters -- I install guest additions.

I'd recommend double check your configuration. Ah, yes one more place to
check that you had not mention: is USB enabled at VirtualboxManager for
this virtual machine?

--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve