Trouble with Virt-Manager 'client' on FreeBSD

Michel Le Cocq miconof80.list at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 15:15:46 UTC 2013

(sorry for the multi-list send)

Hi, I tried to use Virt-Manager on my freebsd Desktop.

$ pkg info | grep virt-manager
virt-manager-0.9.4_2           Toolkit to interact with virtualization
capabilities

All seem ok but when I tried to connect to remote kvm host I've got the
following error.

> Unable to connect to libvirt.
>
> End of file while reading data: : Input/output error
>
> Verify that the 'libvirtd' daemon is running
> on the remote host.
>
> Libvirt URI is: qemu+ssh://root@myremotehost/system
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line
> 1027, in _open_thread
>     self.vmm = self._try_open()
>   File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line
> 1009, in _try_open
>     flags)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 102,
> in openAuth
>     if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpenAuth() failed')
> libvirtError: End of file while reading data: : Input/output error
I'm sure that the 'libvirtd' daemon is running on the remote host.
Because I can connect to the same host on an other Linux 'ubuntu'
Desktop (virt-manager 0.901-1ubuntu5.1).

Here is the detail of my connection setting :
qemu+ssh://root@myremotehost/system

Thanks

--
Michel Le Cocq