dvd+rw-tools/cdrtools write only 4GB to BluRay
tomek.cedro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 14:07:50 UTC 2013
I have noticed that growisofs writes only 4GB of data to BluRay disks
- this happended to 2x BD-R and 1x BD-RE - what is the problem?
I am using both cdrtools and dvd+rw-tools from fresh port tree...
Any hints appreciated :-)
% growisofs --help
* growisofs by <appro at fy.chalmers.se>, version 7.1,
% mkisofs -v
Setting input-charset to 'UTF-8' from locale.
pkg_info -x cdrtools dvd+rw-tools
Information for cdrtools-3.00_2:
CD/DVD/BluRay and ISO-9660 image creation and extraction tools
The cdrtools software includes tools to create and/or extract
ISO-9660 filesystems, verify their integrity, and write them to
This package contains the following programs:
- btcflash (a firmware flash utility for BTC DRW1008 DVD+/-RW recorder)
- cdda2wav (a digital CD audio extraction program)
- cdrecord (a CD/DVD/BluRay recording program)
- devdump (dump a device or file in hex)
- isodebug (show debug info contained in an ISO-9660 image)
- isodump (dump a device or file based on ISO-9660)
- isoinfo (analyze or list an ISO-9660 image)
- isovfy (verify an ISO-9660 image)
- mkisofs (an ISO-9660 filesystem image creator)
- mkhybrid (an ISO-9660/HFS filesystem image creator)
Link to mkisofs.
- readcd (a data CD reading and recording program)
May be used to write to DVD-RAM and to copy Solaris boot CD's.
- scgcheck (checks and validates the ABI of libscg)
- rscsi (daemon providing access to local SCSI-devices over the network)
Information for dvd+rw-tools-7.1:
DVD burning software
DVD+RW Tools by Andy Polyakov. This software allows one to perform DVD
recording using a DVD burner, primarily via the "growisofs" utility.
growisofs was originally designed as a frontend to mkisofs to facilitate
appending of data to ISO9660 volumes residing on random-access media such as
DVD+RW, DVD-RAM, plain files, hard disk partitions. In the course of
development general purpose DVD recording support was implemented, and as of
now growisofs supports not only random-access media, but even mastering of
multi-session DVD media such as DVD+R and DVD-R/-RW. In addition growisofs
supports first-/single-session recording of arbitrary pre-mastered image
(formatted as UDF, ISO9660 or any other file system, if formatted at all) to
all supported DVD media types.
CeDeROM, SQ7MHZ, http://www.tomek.cedro.info
More information about the freebsd-questions