"make package" vs "pkg create"

Joshua Isom jrisom at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 16:33:59 UTC 2013

I tried making a build jail, not with pourdriere or tinderbox.  I just
went to the ports and ran `make -DBATCH package-recursive clean` to get
packages created.  I ran `pkg add *` in the packages/All directory, but
all failed because of MANIFEST missing.  I'm guessing this is a bug in
the .mk files, since I do have WITH_PKGNG set.  Is this a known problem
or is there supposed to be a different way to do it?  Am I just supposed
to use pourdriere or the source to keep my ports up to date until all
the packages are rebuilt on freebsd.org?