Input subsystem comparable to linux planned

Martin Laabs info at martinlaabs.de
Mon Feb 18 20:01:30 UTC 2013

Hi,

maybe you know the input subsystem of linux that is very flexible in terms
of various input data interpretations.
Are there plans to implement something comparable into the freebsd system?
The background is, that I currently write a joystick driver supporting USB
joysticks for FreeBSD.
At the moment it supports the joystick api from linux which makes it easy
to port i.e. plib to use it.
I however would also like to support the input subsystem API which is some
what more complicated. So - before writing some emulating code for the
linuxulator I wanna ask if it is planned to put something equal into the
freebsd kernel.

Thank you,
 Martin Laabs