Upgrade causes loss of all firefox settings (?)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Feb 12 22:11:22 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-02-12 at 23:00 +0100, CeDeROM wrote:
> Hey Ronald, are you sure there is no corruption on the disk? Have you
> preformatted your new drive? I had disks that lost data if used with
> no pre-format stage. Have you tried forcing fsck? Sometimes when my
> machine crash there is a silent corruption on the filesystem and some
> settings are lost/changed...

Firefox is my preferred browser, but it has some disadvantages compared
to other browsers. 1. It's slow and bloated, even without add-ons,
fortunately it doesn't matter on my relatively modern machine. 2. It's
known for all kind of issues. Some years ago there sometimes was the
need to delete the configuration, to get Firefox running again, it
simply couldn't be started sometimes, because there were bugs.

Regarding to the kind of issue, it's more likely that Firefox is buggy
and the HDD still is ok.