Upgrade causes loss of all firefox settings (?)

CeDeROM cederom at tlen.pl
Tue Feb 12 22:00:28 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 10:38 PM, Ronald F. Guilmette
<rfg at tristatelogic.com> wrote:
> Looking into this issue a bit deeper, I've now learned that all of
> one's personal settings are stored in a directory having a name which
> has the following general form:
>         ~/.mozilla/firefox/????????.default

Hey Ronald, are you sure there is no corruption on the disk? Have you
preformatted your new drive? I had disks that lost data if used with
no pre-format stage. Have you tried forcing fsck? Sometimes when my
machine crash there is a silent corruption on the filesystem and some
settings are lost/changed...