multiple ACEs with the same ACL qualifier

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnilan.de
Fri Feb 8 16:54:18 UTC 2013

 Hello,

I'd like to duplicate the following ACL:
# file: /data/shared/
# owner: harry
# group: harry
     group:1stgroup:r-x---a-R-c--s:fd----:allow
     group:2ndgroup:rwxp--a-R-c--s:-d----:allow
     group:2ndgroup:----D---------:-d----:deny
     group:2ndgroup:r-----a-R-c--s:f-i---:allow
            owner@:rwxpDdaARWcCos:fd----:allow
            group@:r-xp--a-R-c--s:fd----:allow
         everyone@:--------------:fd----:allow

So there are two "group:2ndgroup:::allow" entries.
While it's annoying that I can't modify one specific of these with "-m"
(both get altered without warning/confirmation reques), I also can't use
"-M" to apply it read from file.

Are there any workarrounds?

Intention is to make sure newly created files can only be
deleted/altered by owner, while two other groups need to access files
and directories read-only, but one of them also needs write access. But
must'nt delete foreign files/directories.
Never had so many problems applying real-world needs... Done such setup
hundred times without effort, but on other FS...

Thanks,

-Harry