D-Link DUBE100 USB NIC does not work

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Sat Aug 3 20:04:52 UTC 2013

Waitman Gobble wrote:

> > It is written in axe(4) and in the HCL for 9.1 that D-Link DUBE100 is
> > supported.  I have bought one and the system shows it as
> >
> > ugen0.3: <product 0x1a02 vendor 0x2001> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH (480Mbps) pwr=ON (200mA)
> >
> > What am I doing wrong? Why does it not attach a driver to it? Should I
> > do something else besides plugging the device in for the network
> > interface to appear?
> >
> > I am running stable/9 (9.2-BETA2 at the moment).
>
> Hi, did you see the axe(4) man page?

Yes. I mentioned it in my message.

> Did you put if_axe_load="YES" in
> loader.conf or build kernel with axe support?

The GENERIC kernel already has "device axe"

[sudakov at vas ~] grep axe /sys/amd64/conf/GENERIC
device          axe             # ASIX Electronics USB Ethernet
[sudakov at vas ~]

[root at vas ~] kldload if_axe
kldload: can't load if_axe: Exec format error
[root at vas ~] dmesg | grep axe
module axe already present!
interface axe.1 already present in the KLD 'kernel'!
[root at vas ~]

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru