mouse in alpine

doug doug at fledge.watson.org
Thu Apr 25 21:06:20 UTC 2013

on (.1 I built alpine with:

===> The following configuration options are available for alpine-2.00_3:
      THREADS=on: Compile with thread support
      MOUSE=on: Enable mouse support for xterm
      NLS=off: National Language Support
      ISPELL=on: Use ispell instead of aspell as default speller
      NOSPELL=off: Use no default speller (overrides both)
      PICO=on: Build and install pico, the default editor
      IPV6=off: Add support for IPv6
      LDAP=off: Add support for LDAP
      PASSFILE=off: Support for a stored password file (DANGEROUS)
      CONS25=off: Add a patch to support color for default console
      QUOTA=off: Add a patch for disk quota checking on IMAP
      MAILDIR=on: Add a patch for maildir support

mouse in xterm works fine but not in pine. My mentor has Xorg installed, so his
system is not useful as a pattern to follow. I have an older version working.
That system has some X libs installed. I have .ssh/config and all that stuff
configured. At least on 7.4 alpine seems to require some further support.
Hopefully someone can tell me what I am missing.