Poudriere change to distfile cache handling?

Arthur Chance freebsd at qeng-ho.org
Sat Apr 20 11:04:03 UTC 2013

I've been using poudriere (and pkgng) for building and installing ports
since just before the new year. This morning I started doing a bulk
build and got

====>> Error: DISTFILES_CACHE cannot be in the portsdir as the portsdir
will be mounted read-only

I've been using /usr/ports/disfiles as my DISTFILES_CACHE since I
started with no problem. Anyone know what's going on here?

A quick look at /usr/local/share/poudriere/common.sh shows an explicit
check for ${DISTFILES_CACHE} being /usr/ports/distfiles, which is what's
triggering the error, and /usr/ports is mounted ro in the jail, but then
${DISTFILES_CACHE} is mounted rw on <jail>/usr/ports/distfiles.

Also, the check is specifically for the cache being
/usr/ports/distfiles, and wouldn't trigger if it were
/usr/ports/Distfiles, and yet the error message suggests it shouldn't be
anywhere under /usr/ports.

--
In the dungeons of Mordor, Sauron bred Orcs with LOLcats to create a
new race of servants. Called Uruk-Oh-Hai in the Black Speech, they

		_Lord of the Rings 2.0, the Web Edition_