legal question on licence terms

Martyn Jansen martyn.jansen at zynstra.com
Fri Sep 14 15:31:50 UTC 2012

Sirs,

I'm looking at your licence terms and conditions and particularly the section on "redistribution restriction" on a number of ports.

The restriction is stated as being applicable to "redistribution on mass media". Could you please elaborate on what this means - clearly a number of leading solutions use FreeBSD so I'm trying to properly understand when and how the redistribution restrictions apply.

In our own case we would be using FreeBSD as a component of managed services that we would be providing to our customers. The software would remain on our own server and would not be separately available to our customers. We assume therefore that this in any case does not constitute "redistribution".

Many thanks.

Regards,
Martyn
Martyn Jansen
Contracts & Legal
Phone: +44 (0)1225 388685
[Description: Description: Description: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/zynstra> [Description: Description: Description: LinkedIn]  <http://www.linkedin.com/company/zynstra> [Description: Description: Description: zynstra]  <http://www.zynstra.com/>
Zynstra is a private limited company registered in England and Wales (registered number 07864369). Our registered office is 5 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3TW and our headquarters are at Bath Ventures, Broad Quay, Bath, BA1 1UD.