[solved]: to move csup 90 to subversion 91rc

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 3 18:58:29 UTC 2012

On 03/09/2012 19:00, Darrel wrote:
> Could I then run:
>
> svn co svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/releng/[ 91 9.1] /usr/ports/
>
> or | and
>
> svn co svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/stable/9 /usr/ports/ ?

Why don't you try it and see?  All you'll get is an error message
essentially saying 'file not found.'

Simply put, there isn't a path ports/releng/9.1 or ports/stable/9 in
the FreeBSD SVN repository.  Look here if you don't believe me:

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/

Click on 'ports' and look at the subdirectories under there.

The *only* bit of the SVN repository that follows the branching
structure you seem so enamoured of is base -- the system sources.
Get that clear in your head, and you will have a much better time of it.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.