[solved]: to move csup 90 to subversion 91rc

Darrel levitch at iglou.com
Mon Sep 3 18:00:48 UTC 2012

>>> For ports would it be better to match -fbsd91, like this:
>>> svn co http://svn.freebsd.org/ports/releng/9.1 ports
>

> On 03/09/2012 17:29, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
>> I'm not sure whether there's any equivalent to tracking RELENG_9 (as
>> opposed to tracking RELENG_9_1) under the branching scheme being used
>> with subversion.
>
> stable/9 is the SVN equivalent of RELENG_9

Could I then run:

svn co svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/releng/[ 91 9.1] /usr/ports/

or | and

svn co svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/stable/9 /usr/ports/ ?

Since in the past several years I installed minimal fbsd and then used
portsnap for ports, so I was not aware that -head was the only option for
ports- is that what Lowell was pointing out?

It turns out that mergemaster would have been alright in my case, due to
.mergemasterrc, I can not recall why this was selected, comments are
welcomed:

# cat .mergemasterrc
FREEBSD_ID=YES
VERBOSE=YES
AUTO_INSTALL=YES
RUN_UPDATES=YES
COMP_CONFS=YES
PRESERVE_FILES_DIR=/var/tmp/mergemaster/preserved-files-`date
+%y%m%d-%H%M%S`
DELETE_STALE_RC_FILES=YES

Kind regards,
Darrel