freebsd-texlive port

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Oct 10 15:49:33 UTC 2012

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 14:01:44 +0100, Jamie Paul Griffin wrote:
> If you prefer, you can just use the download dvd or netinstall from the
> texlive website. They have provided binaries for FreeBSD. I installed
> the full TeX distribution myself just the other week on FreeBSD 9. So no
> need to use the ports system if you don't want.

The only remaining problem will be dependencies within the
port management system, e. g. ports requiring a TeX distribution
which defaults to teTeX...

By the way, would it be possible or desired to introduce a
setting to /etc/make.conf regarding _which_ TeX distribution
to use, e. g. WITH_TEX=texlive (will install TeXlive) or
WITH_TEX=teTeX (will install teTeX) if a dependency of TeX
is requested?

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany