freebsd-texlive port

Jamie Paul Griffin jamie at kode5.net
Wed Oct 10 13:01:54 UTC 2012

[ Antonio Olivares wrote on Wed 10.Oct'12 at  7:23:21 -0500 ]

> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Joseph Olatt <joji at eskimo.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > According to:
> >
> >   http://code.google.com/p/freebsd-texlive
> >
> > I got the impression that the texlive is now available in the ports. My
> > understanding was that we no longer need to use portshaker(8). I've
> > updated svn of ports to r305607 and I still don't see texlive* in
> > /usr/ports/print or any where in /usr/ports.
>
> I was under the same impression.  You do need to do use portshaker to
> get these ports populated.  Otherwise, you will not see 'texlive-*'
> ports in your ports tree.
>
> Best Regards,
>

> Antonio
>

> > I'm running: FreeBSD 9.0 STABLE i386
> >
> > Can any TeX Live / LaTeX users on the list shed some light?
> >
> > Thanks

If you prefer, you can just use the download dvd or netinstall from the
texlive website. They have provided binaries for FreeBSD. I installed
the full TeX distribution myself just the other week on FreeBSD 9. So no
need to use the ports system if you don't want.