How to create a partition for FreeBSD 9.0?

Mike Clarke jmc-freebsd2 at milibyte.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 16:07:23 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 27 November 2012 15:15:52 Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> > And could I then run something similar to
> >
> > # echo "gpart show ada0s1" >> /path/to/usbstick/logfile
> > # gpart show ada0s1 >> /path/to/usbstick/logfile
> > # echo "gpart add -t freebsd -i1 ada0" >> /path/to/usbstick/logfile
> > # echo gpart add -t freebsd -i1 ada0 >> /path/to/usbstick/logfile
>    ^^^^ oops, but I guess you know what I mean
>
> > etc.?
> >
> > I would like to post the output to the list.

The neater way

     # script /path/to/usbstick/logfile
     # gpart show ada0
     # gpart add -t freebsd -i1 ada0
     # gpart show ada0
     # <CTRL+D>

Then /path/to/usbstick/logfile will contain a full log of your commands and
output showing the partition information for ada0 before and after creating
the new partition.

--
Mike Clarke