Is FreeBSD 9 Production Ready?

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Sat Nov 24 17:37:15 UTC 2012

On 11/24/2012 11:19 AM, Lucas B. Cohen wrote:
> I wouldn't
> blindly trust and drop an operating system on production servers, no
> matter how good the feedback from outside my organization sounds.

In general, I'd agree with you.  Certainly, that's been the case
with Linux, AIX, and so on over the years.

But I have had essentially no problems doing in-place major rev
updates with FreeBSD thus far.  The only breakage I am worried about
now is whether the new compiler change breaks things that used to
work just fine.  For example, will my make.conf settings be properly
observed by the new tool chain?
Tim Daneliuk     tundra at tundraware.com