csup to svn

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Wed Nov 21 18:12:24 UTC 2012

--On November 21, 2012 6:04:00 PM +0000 Steve O'Hara-Smith
<ateve at sohara.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 12:52:14 -0500
> Fbsd8 <fbsd8 at a1poweruser.com> wrote:
>
>> You missed to whole point of my question.
>> I don't want to maintain the WHOLE ports tree.
>> I only want to download selected single port.
>> My current ports tree only has 2 ports, apache22 and php5.
>> So your reply did not answer my question.
>> Thanks any how.
>
> 	This works
>
> svn co svn://svn0.us-east.freebsd.org/ports/head/www/apache22 .
>
> 	If you do it in /usr/ports/www/apache22 then the port winds up in a
> sane place.

No!  This will create an apache22 port in /usr/ports/www/apache22/apache22!

You want to checkout the port while you're in the category directory.

IOW, cd /usr/ports/www && svn co blah blah blah

If you want to do a category, cd /usr/ports/ && svn co
svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head/www

 Once you have it you can do svn up in /usr/ports/www/apache22

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst