virtualbox with FreeBSD as host

Fbsd8 fbsd8 at a1poweruser.com
Fri Nov 16 21:18:14 UTC 2012

>>> NOPE !!
>>>
>>> VBoxHeadless -startvm  "vm name"
>>>
>> Issueing VirtualBox from host command line gets this msg.
>> Failed to open the x11 display
>>
>> VBoxHeadless -startvm  "vm name" assumes that there a vb guest
>> all ready configured which is not my case.
>>

> Right! I assumed you already had the VM ready. Sorry.
>

>> There is no man page for VBoxHeadless command.
>
> There are those:
>
> http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/UserManual.pdf
>
> and
>
> http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/
>
> VBoxHeadless is covered on both.
>
>> How do a configure a vb guest from the host command line?
>>

> VBoxManage can do all that from command line. Check it out or follow my
> previous e-mail.

I read the UserManual and think I am barking up the wrong tree.
So lets start over again with what the wanted desired result is.
I have 9.0 installed on my 200gb hard drive, it's configured to use the
first 100gb leaving the second 100gb free. I was going to install XP in
the second half and have a duel boot config. Then I find out XP has to
be install first on the HD meaning I have to install 9.0 from scratch
again. I read a post on this list where it was suggested to run
Virtualbox on my 9.0 host and then run XP as a guest. I want to boot the
9.0 host and login to the 9.0 host, start the Virtualbox XP guest and
enter the XP guest [IE: be in the XP OS windows environment], can I do
all that from the host command line? I do not run x11 or any desktop on
my 9.0 host. I do not want to use an second PC to login to the VB XP
guest over ssh.