Can't get irc/inspircd to build, any clues?

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Mon May 28 08:30:18 UTC 2012

 Does anyone know if the irc/inspircd port for FreeBSD works?    I have
tried it on an FBSD 9 server, as well as an older version of the FreeBSD
with the same results.

 If I try and run make the build the port, I get the following error:

# make
===>  Building for inspircd-2.0.5
make: cannot open BSDmakefile.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/irc/inspircd.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/irc/inspircd.
#

I figure maybe someone has gotten this to build, so figured I would toss it
out here as using my googlefu I found years ago someone posting the same
problem, but never found any resolution.

 Any ideas, as I would like to check out this software...

---
Howard