Making Music / Video folders on FreeBSD visible on HD TV

Graeme Dargie arab at tangerine-army.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 21:48:25 UTC 2012

Been here ... cursed that, your TV is not seeing the folders directly at least not in the traditional sense, it is likely that it is using WMP as a DLNA server which will transcode the media in to a format that your TV can play by streaming.
You solution is in ports /net/serviio

You can find more information here http://www.serviio.org

Do not worry that it mentions Win Mac and Linux, it does work great on FreeBSD .

Regards

Graeme