Wine-fbsd64 updated to 1.4.rc6 (32bit Wine for 64bit FreeBSD)

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 22:01:49 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM, David Naylor <naylor.b.david at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Monday, 5 March 2012 14:17:51 Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 6:55 AM, David Naylor
> <naylor.b.david at gmail.com>wrote:
> > > Please include the full error message, also could you please try
> running
> > > those apps in a clean wine prefix.
> >
> > # pwd
> > /root/APPLY/PROGRAMS
> >
> > # wine x.exe
> >
> > err : module : LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
> > L"F:\\APPLY\\PROGRAMS\\x.exe" failed , status c0000017
>
> I have tried to reproduce the error on my side but was unable to.  The
> programs that I tested work without error.

This means that there are additional parts in your system which they do not
exist here .
Such parts are not added by "pkg_add wine-fbsd64 ..." .
I do not have any idea about which parts may be missing .

> I was expecting more output from wine...  Please see below about using a
> clean
> wine prefix.  Do you use the nvidia graphics driver?  If so please run (as
> root), and provide the output:
> # sh /usr/local/share/wine/patch-nvidia.sh

There is NO nvidia grphics driver . It is Intel DG965WH main board with its
integrated graphics driver .

> If nothing fixes your problem then please submit a bug report at
> bugs.winehq.org.
>

> > I could not understand the phrase :
> >
> > "in a clean wine prefix" .
>
> To run a program in a clean wine prefix do:
> env WINEPREFIX=/tmp/tmp_wine_prefix wine x.exe

This is NOT changing the error message . Only drive become Z: .

> You may need to use winetricks to install some support programs.
>
> Good luck

"winetricks" could NOT be found .

I tried wine which is added by

pkg_add -r wine

from packages

in FreeBSD 9.0 RELEASE i386 as it is installed .

On the same programs , the message is the same with amd64 message .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk