Wine-fbsd64 updated to 1.4.rc6 (32bit Wine for 64bit FreeBSD)

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 20:00:43 UTC 2012

<naylor.b.david at gmail.com>wrote:
> > Please include the full error message, also could you please try running
> > those apps in a clean wine prefix.
>
> # pwd
> /root/APPLY/PROGRAMS
>
> # wine x.exe
>
> err : module : LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
> L"F:\\APPLY\\PROGRAMS\\x.exe" failed , status c0000017

I have tried to reproduce the error on my side but was unable to.  The
programs that I tested work without error.

I was expecting more output from wine...  Please see below about using a clean
wine prefix.  Do you use the nvidia graphics driver?  If so please run (as
root), and provide the output:
# sh /usr/local/share/wine/patch-nvidia.sh

If nothing fixes your problem then please submit a bug report at
bugs.winehq.org.

> I could not understand the phrase :
>
> "in a clean wine prefix" .

To run a program in a clean wine prefix do:
env WINEPREFIX=/tmp/tmp_wine_prefix wine x.exe

You may need to use winetricks to install some support programs.

Good luck