urtw0 wireless device on FreeBSD problems

CyberLeo Kitsana cyberleo at cyberleo.net
Tue Jun 19 08:37:25 UTC 2012

On 06/18/2012 09:07 PM, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Dear Folks,
> Is there a place where the panics/oops are saved to retrieve them and
> cut + paste them here?
> /var/log/, /tmp/ ?

If you have set dumpdev in rc.conf to the location of a swap device (or
AUTO to have it pick one), the core dump (and a neat automated analysis,
on 8.x and later) should end up in /var/crash.

Keep in mind that coredumps can be as large as the machine's installed
RAM, so you will probably want at least that much swap and disk to hold
it. Also, there may still be some issues with obtaining consistent
coredumps on multiprocessor machines, but I got rid of the miscreant
hardware before I could test that claim on anything newer than 8.1.

You can find more comprehensive information in the handbook[1].

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html

--
Fuzzy love,
-CyberLeo