fsck on FAT32 filesystem?

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Wed Jul 18 15:56:55 UTC 2012

Hi Robert,
cc questions@
cc postmaster@ (***)

> What I am is an information systems professional with 45 years experience.

Interesting reading that & your prior post.
	'Edge of the track, & turn up the op. amps'
		has been an interesting technique for decades, I
		first read of it maybe 70's or 80's ?  I bet some,
		eg in government or private espionage, & desperate
		incompetent bankers, & their employed service firms,
		probably had fun seeing what was possible. (Envy ;-)

	BTW I too wrote a recoverer way back, just for floppies
		http://berklix.com/~jhs/src/bsd/jhs/bin/public/valid/
		Worked very well, recovered data while wearing
		media out.  I ported it to FreeBSD, but it was
		never as good there, I never hacked BSD drivers to
		support it to do bit averaging if all CRCs failed.

(***) Re.:
	Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
People could ask
	<postmaster at freebsd.org> (cc'd)
to block troll Wojciech Puchar.  His blinkered noise pollutes too often,
while too many have failed to reason with him, on too many subjects on
questions@ & hackers at .  I & someone on hackers@ already filter out his noise.
	http://berklix.com/~jhs/dots/.procmailrc.lists

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, cumulative like a play script, & indent with "> ".