mplayer fails to compile on amd64 machine

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 00:39:35 UTC 2012

> /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer/work/mplayer-export-2011-12-18/ffmpeg/libavcodec/aacsbr.c:580:
> undefined reference to `log2f'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> gmake: *** [mplayer] Error 1
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer.
>
> ===>>> make failed for multimedia/mplayer
> ===>>> Aborting update
>
> ===>>> Update for multimedia/mplayer failed
> ===>>> Aborting update
>
> Terminated
>
> /usr/src/UPDATING shows nothing relevant.
>
> ideas/suggestions/advice/comments are welcome and appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio
>
> The mplayer port has been broken before. Now doubt it's in need of fixing again. I have found over the years that once you get a working version of it in place, don't try to reinstall it. I'm sure the port maintainer does their best, afterall this is a Linux program ported to run on FreeBSD and all the subtle changes can never be thought completely through. Send an e-mail to the port maintainer, they'll get it fixed in the next round.

Thank you Bill, I have three machines two running 8.2 amd64 and one
running 9.0-STABLE and only one had this problem.  I have installed
svn version of mplayer on this machine and it is working fine.  Guess,
I will just run
# portmaster -a -x mplayer
and skip mplayer updates via ports.
Maintainer of mplayer port advised me to update src to latest, either
8.2 or move up to 9.0, but I am hesistant to do so at this time :(

Regards,

Antonio