Apache segmentation fault

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Wed Jan 11 21:53:56 UTC 2012

On 1/11/2012 4:39 PM, Waitman Gobble wrote:
> sorry, somehow i missed that paragraph about commenting out the other
> modules... hope i didn't send you on a wild goose chase for nothing. but
> the behavior you describe sounds like what happens running with a
> mismatched php.ini... i once tried to narrow down but decided it more
> productive to start with a fresh ini file. i believe the problem has to
> do with the session config lines. that and the way it handles cgi
> variables (see the EPGS section) are the two biggest changes i
> noticed.   anyway you might check if thats the issue easily by renaming
> php.ini.. it should run without it. (at least 5.2 would havent tried 5.3)
> if it runs without php.ini then that  could be the problem.
> by the way you are restarting apache after the changes right? also
> verify that the modules listed in httpd.conf exist in the paths specified...
>
> hope that helps!
>
> waitman

Thanks for that, found my php.ini was symlink'd to php.ini-recommended,
which is now missing. PHP working now, but still no help with the
segmentation fault. I have tested my ldap client pkgs and perl-LDAP to
work fine, but when I uncomment those modules, I get the fault when
restarting apache....

> mail# pwd
> /usr/local/etc
> mail# cat apache22/httpd.conf|grep ldap
> LoadModule authnz_ldap_module libexec/apache22/mod_authnz_ldap.so
> LoadModule ldap_module libexec/apache22/mod_ldap.so
> mail# cat apache22/httpd.conf | grep ServerRoot
> ServerRoot "/usr/local"
> mail# cat apache22/httpd.conf | grep ldap
> LoadModule authnz_ldap_module libexec/apache22/mod_authnz_ldap.so
> LoadModule ldap_module libexec/apache22/mod_ldap.so
> mail# ls -lah /usr/local/libexec/apache22/*ldap*
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel    54K Jan 11 12:29 /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_authnz_ldap.so
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   115K Jan 11 12:29 /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_ldap.so
> mail# rc.d/apache22 restart
> Performing sanity check on apache22 configuration:
> Syntax OK
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

If I comment out the two modules shown, it restarts without issue.
--
Robert <robert at webtent.org>