2 distinct DSL lines with same endpoint (8-STABLE)

Christoph Egger christoph at christoph-egger.org
Mon Jan 9 20:18:32 UTC 2012

Hi all!

  I'm having a FreeBSD 8 gateway that is supposed to do NAT/firewall
stuff with internet coming through 2 distinct DSL modems from the same
carrier. Unfortunately I can only run ppp on one of these lines as the
endpoint address for both lines are the same so bringing up the second
line fails in

| PPp ON elephant> Warning: tun1: AIFADDR X.X.X.X -> Y.Y.Y.Y returns -1
| Warning: iface add: ioctl(SIOCAIFADDR, X.X.X.X -> Y.Y.Y.Y): File exists
| Error: ipcp_InterfaceUp: unable to set ip address

Where Y.Y.Y.Y is already also used for the other ppp connection.

  This seems to be a known Problem with FreeBSD ppp (google turns up
some results) but I haven't found any usefull workarounds. Can anyone
suggest some way to get this kind of setup working?

Regards

    Christoph

--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer