Realtek RTL8191SEvB Linux driver?

illoai at gmail.com illoai at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 20:39:15 UTC 2012

On 4 January 2012 15:01, Chris Whitehouse <cwhiteh at onetel.com> wrote:
> On 04/01/2012 16:21, Chad Perrin wrote:
>>
>> As someone who has actually done laptop technician work, professionally,
>

> You don't by any chance know where there is a service manual for OP's laptop
> in pdf format (or html)? I did a bit of googling but didn't find it. It's a
> Toshiba U505-S2950. Or maybe you could advise how to replace the wireless
> card in this particular machine...

It's a user's guide for the general u500 series of lap-tops:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7QsFu5wGXIiODc2NWI1ZDAtYTBmYi00NGQyLTljODItMGYwMjI5MDc4ZWQ1
(or http://bit.ly/zygnZV if that's too long)

But it does show a door on the underside covering the wireless
card, so it's likely a simple matter of unhooking the antennae,
gently prising it free and installing a new card.

(also, I have no idea if Toshiba does hardware whitelisting
on any of their lap-tops, but you might search around a bit
before you buy a new card)