Which mailinglist is appropriate for discussing uart changes?

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Mon Feb 20 13:23:59 UTC 2012

Frank Shute wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 07:10:30PM +0100, Terrence Koeman wrote:
> >
> > Could someone point me to the right mailinglist to discuss adding
> > support for the MCS9904 chip to uart? I'm working on it, but I have
> > some questions regarding FIFO sizes and how they are currently
> > determined.
> >=20
> > Thanks.
> >=20
> > -- Regards, T. Koeman, MTh/BSc/BPsy; Technical Monk
>
> Hi Terrence,
>
> Looking at the list of mailing lists, I'd say your best bet is to send
> an e-mail to freebsd-net@ asking them if it's appropriate to ask the
> question there and if not where.
>
> uarts and FIFOs sounds like it's network stack to me and I'd guess
> someone on that list might be able to supply you with an answer.

No, net@ is net protocols.

Getting a new uart working is driver work, for that
	http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo
shows (though I'm not familiar with that list)
As fallback, try hackers@ for normal developing based on a release,
or current@ if you want more developers on the bleeding edge.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, cumulative like a play script, & indent with "> ".