Issue with cvsup and updating RELENG_9

Edwin L. Culp W. edwinlculp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 16:46:33 UTC 2012

I've been using cvsup for upgrading all of my installations for more years
than I want to remember.  I just detected that I have a problem.
Configuration:

supfile=/usr/local/etc/cvs-supfile and contains:

*default tag=RELENG_9
*default host=cvsup15.freebsd.org
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix
src-all
# doc-all
cvsroot-all

I run cvsup from crontab and my logfile shows:

TreeList failed: Error in
"/usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup/cvsroot-all/checkouts.cvs:RELENG_9": Bad header
line.  Delete it and try again.

I just checked the Handbook to see if the tag has changed.  No luck, so I
assume I am missing something that I shouldn't. Maybe I should change and
not use cvsup.  Any suggestions appreciated.

I also update ports using cvsup and is working fine.

Thanks,

ed