editor that understands CTRL/B, CTRL/I, CTRL/U

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Fri Apr 27 22:00:56 UTC 2012

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 14:33:29 -0700
David Brodbeck articulated:

>Again, this is one of the reasons credit scoring is becoming so
>popular -- it's an almost automatic way to narrow down the pile.
>Another method in common use right now is to throw out applications
>from anyone who's currently unemployed, and only look at ones who
>already have a position and are looking to change jobs.

I have been told by several people in HR that the trend to give
preference to those all ready working as opposed to the unemployed is
based on the philosophy that if no one else will hire them, then why
should we. While we could argue whether that logic is flawed, it is
never-the-less presently in use. However, it doesn't really pertain to
entry level openings. With the glut of individuals entering the job
market, for an applicant to not be proficient in the skills being
advertised for by the prospective employer is just a waste of time. If
the employer is looking for skill "A" and "B", crying to him/her that
you have skill "C" is just a waste of both your times.

--
Jerry ♔