Unresolvable links

Walter Hurry walterhurry at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 21:59:22 UTC 2012

Arising from a very useful link posted by Warren Block in another thread:

http://forums.freebsd.org/showpost.php?p=163415&postcount=17 ,

I have been running libchk. It now gives the following (relevant) output:

Unresolvable link(s) found in: /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/program/
configmgr.uno.so

	libxmlreader.so

Unresolvable link(s) found in: /usr/local/lib/firefox/sdk/lib/libxul.so

	libmozsqlite3.so

Unresolvable link(s) found in: /usr/local/lib/firefox/components/
libmozgnome.so

	libmozalloc.so

	libxpcom.so

Unresolvable link(s) found in: /usr/local/lib/firefox/components/
libdbusservice.so

	libmozalloc.so

	libxpcom.so

Unresolvable link(s) found in: /usr/local/lib/firefox/components/
libbrowsercomps.so

	libmozalloc.so

	libxul.so

	libxpcom.so

All these shared object files are present in one lib or another, so my
suspicion is that somehow the 'parent' shared objects are looking for
them in the wrong place.

Any ideas on fixing this please?