Python module wnck?

Walter Hurry walterhurry at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 03:54:45 UTC 2012

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 19:51:49 -0600, Warren Block wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Apr 2012, Walter Hurry wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 18:41:35 -0400, Rod Person wrote:

>>> How many of the screenlets actually work? When I was working on this I
>>> found that a number of them where too linux specific to work. I have a
>>> screenshot of the sticky note and weather working but that's about all
>>> I can recall working.
>>
>> I only wanted three: Clock, ClearCalendar and ClearWeather. They work
>> perfectly. I haven't tried any of the others.
>
> Consider making a port.  Clearly there is some demand.
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/

For the Python wnck module, or for screenlets? I'm afraid that
technically I am well short of the ability to do either. I am more than
willing to help anyone who elects to so, though.

Incidentally (and this is addressed to Rod mainly), the ClearWeather
module was broken. I had to hack it a bit to get it to work properly. It
got confused over proxies, but since I am not unfamiliar with Python,
that presented no difficulty.