maildrop logging overwriting instead of appending

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Fri Sep 30 22:37:25 UTC 2011

Ok, I finally took the plunge today and converted my .procmailrc into
a .mailfilter, adjusted my .forward file, and am now, for the most
part, a contented new maildrop user.  :-)

Just one problem: on each invocation of maildrop, the logfile is being
overwritten, rather than appended to.

I have the following in my .mailfilter file (this is outside of any
specific filtering rule):

logfile "Mail/maildrop.log"

I can't see anything else anywhere in the maildrop docs that might
affect the way the logfile is handled.  According to the manpage, if
the logfile already exists, it should be appended to, but this isn't
what's happening.

Clues, anyone?

--
Conrad J. Sabatier