Intel 82573E NIC and BMC with FreeBSD 8

Rafael NAVAZA rnavaza at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 15 08:56:03 UTC 2011

Ok I got the BMC responding when the "em" driver is loaded.

I had
 to comment out the line corresponding to the "CRC Stripping" (#4153) in
 /usr/src/sys/dev/e1000/if_em.c and compile/install/loader.conf the
driver.

I know (from my google searches) that by doing it some
other intel nics will not function properly with the driver. The only
way to make every one happy would be to add a sysctl param to the driver, something like "hw.em.disable_crc_stripping" .

Where can I commit such thing ?

Rafael.