Printing from Firefox broken after update.

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sun Sep 11 11:21:46 UTC 2011

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 08:53:42 +0200
Polytropon articulated:

> Do you get better results when printing to a file (PS) and
> then sending it directly to the printer (via lpr)? Maybe
> this problem is comparable to my Opera printing problem
> (where I could identify Opera being the source of invalid
> PS data).

Wow, what a waste of time that is. I just use MS Windows when I have to
print and avoid all that rigmarole.

Firefox use to work correctly; however, it no longer does. At first I
thought it was a localized phenomena; however, after checking on
several different forums I have concluded that it is far more wide
spread than I had originally thought.

There have been reports filed against this behavior. If and when they
are acted upon is anyone's guess. In the mean time, I just use what is
convenient and works reliably without adding an undo burden upon
myself. Continual use of broken software effectively makes the end
user and enabler; something I have no desire to invest my time in.

--
Jerry ✌
jerry+fbsd at seibercom.net

Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or ignored.
Do not CC this poster. Please do not ignore the "Reply-To" header.