FreeBSD 9.0RC1: zpool fails to import an exported pool?

Antonio Vieiro antonio at antonioshome.net
Mon Oct 31 10:04:10 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm plugging this external USB drive of 250Gb on 9.0RC1 and doing this:

LAB:~# zpool create MYPOOL /dev/da4
LAB:~# zpool list
NAME     SIZE  ALLOC   FREE    CAP  DEDUP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
MYPOOL   232G  89,5K   232G     0%  1.00x  ONLINE  -
LAB:~# zpool status
  pool: MYPOOL
 state: ONLINE
 scan: none requested
config:

	NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	MYPOOL      ONLINE       0     0     0
	  da4       ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors
LAB:~# zfs list
NAME     USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
MYPOOL  89,5K   228G    31K  /MYPOOL

So far so good, now I'm trying to export and import this pool, like this:

LAB:~# zpool export MYPOOL; echo $?
0
LAB:~# zpool list
no pools available

But importing it fails:

LAB:~# zpool import; echo $?
  pool: MYPOOL
    id: 17521547345542608
 state: UNAVAIL
status: One or more devices contains corrupted data.
action: The pool cannot be imported due to damaged devices or data.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-5E
config:

	MYPOOL                 UNAVAIL  insufficient replicas
	  8987296282819450665  UNAVAIL  corrupted data
0

If I force import I get this:
LAB:~# zpool import -f MYPOOL
cannot import 'MYPOOL': invalid vdev configuration

So how is it possible I have corrupted data from a just exported
volume? Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks in advance,
Antonio