pkg_version: corrupted record (pkgdep line without argument), ignoring

Alexandre axelbsd at ymail.com
Thu Oct 20 14:37:24 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:

> After attempting unsuccessfully to update KDE4 via "portmaster", I
> found a number of errors printed out when using "pkg_version-vIL=".
>
> I eventually used "portmanager" to update the KDE4 port successfully;
> however, I am still receiving the following error messages.
>
> These ports need updating:
> pkg_version: corrupted record (pkgdep line without argument), ignoring
> pkg_version: corrupted record (pkgdep line without argument), ignoring
> pkg_version: corrupted record (pkgdep line without argument), ignoring
> koffice-kde4-2.3.3_3                <   needs updating (index has 2.3.3_5)
> postgresql-client-8.2.21            <   needs updating (index has 8.2.22_1)
>
> I have not found a way to ascertain which ports contain the corrupted
> records. Originally, there were over a dozen of them but "portmanager"
> fixed most of them for me. How can I determine what ports are still
> damaged so that I might correct them.
>
> --
> Jerry ✌
> jerry+fbsd at seibercom.net

Hi Jerry,

Have you tried this :
# portmaster --check-depends
# portmaster -Da

Source :
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/pkg_version-corrupted-record-pkgdep-line-without-argument-ignoring/

You can have a look on this thread, where Doug Barton (portmaster's author)
explain another way to resolve this problem.
http://groups.google.com/group/lucky.freebsd.ports/browse_thread/thread/e2054d1cfadc0e3a/66c038dfffb36d40?lnk=raot&pli=1

Regards,
Alexandre