Stuck between current and 9 release.
ml at my.gd
Wed Nov 30 11:04:21 UTC 2011
On 11/14/11 8:50 PM, eculp wrote:
> I was running current (before 10) last month, had a health emergency and
> when I could check the server current was 10. I ereased all sources and
> switched all my csup files to release and begin building a new world
> daily with no problems to be sure all was well. ( probably a mistake ).
> Port upgrades were building fine with portmaster so I just decided to
> reboot to see if all was well.( Dumb ) it wasn't, (Murphy's Law), the
> machine won't boot. Rather than a spinning slash (/) a single one and
> it hangs.
> I have been looking for an amd 64 version of a release snapshot and
> haven't found anything close. I have no idea why it doesn't even try to
> boot. I have tried all the loader options and get nowhere. I could use
> any suggestions especially since I don't even have a amd64 snapshot
> other than old ones to do a reinstall especially if there is a problem
> with the release.
> P.S. If this should be on another list please let me know. If there is
> an AMD RELEASE 9 snap somewhere other than what is in the handbook.
> Anything would be great.
9 hasn't been released yet, but you can grab 9.0-RC2 from FTPs, for example:
More information about the freebsd-questions