problem in changing serial console speed!

Chip Camden sterling at camdensoftware.com
Mon Nov 28 18:49:57 UTC 2011

Quoth Fritz Wuehler on Monday, 28 November 2011:

> I don't know but I do know a real VT100 won't run at 115,200 unless you drop
> it out of an airplane. Are you using a physical terminal or an emulator? If
> an emulator you often have to match up the emulator speed and parity
> settings etc. to the host settings. Alas my Sun boxes only run at 9,800 over
> serial even though minicom itself could do alot more.

Sorry for the OT reply, but this made me laugh out loud.  Having been
shackled to a real VT100 for years, the image of dropping one from an
airplane is full of win.

--
.O. | Sterling (Chip) Camden      | http://camdensoftware.com
..O | sterling at camdensoftware.com | http://chipsquips.com