problem in changing serial console speed!

Fritz Wuehler fritz at spamexpire-201111.rodent.frell.theremailer.net
Mon Nov 28 06:24:57 UTC 2011

> 1- change /boot.config: add -S*speed
>
> *2- change /boot/loader.conf: add following lines
> boot_multicons="YES"
> boot_serial="YES"
> comconsole_speed="115200"
> console="comconsole,vidconsole"
>
> 3- change /etc/ttys as follows:
> ttyu0    "/usr/libexec/getty std.115200"    vt100    on secure
>
> none of the above methods worked and only changing /etc/makefile had an
> effect on serial console speed which is not appropriate.
> Is there anything else should be take in to consideration in any of the
> ways? What am I missing?

I don't know but I do know a real VT100 won't run at 115,200 unless you drop
it out of an airplane. Are you using a physical terminal or an emulator? If
an emulator you often have to match up the emulator speed and parity
settings etc. to the host settings. Alas my Sun boxes only run at 9,800 over
serial even though minicom itself could do alot more.