where to ask about problems with bsdinstall in 9.0RC2?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun Nov 20 07:34:28 UTC 2011

On 19/11/2011 22:36, William Bulley wrote:
> Possible, but unlikely.  Plus I doubt that 'tar -tvf base.txz' without a
> pipe having an "xzcat(1)" in front of the "tar(1)" command.  Maybe there
> is an "xz" option for tar(1) during extraction mode, but my tar(1) man
> page doesn't list any, sigh...  It does list -y and -z options for other
> compression/decompression modes, hmmm....   :-(

bsdtar(1) -- accept no substitutes.  Well, actually, it's libarchive
which bsdtar is built on top of.  It automatically recognizes most
compression formats and most types of data archive -- including a few
that you probably wouldn't have thought of in that context.  Try running
it against a .iso CDRom image.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3