Why some flash sites don't work?

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Wed Nov 2 20:54:13 UTC 2011

On 11/02/2011 11:42, Adam Vande More wrote:
> Can you try creating a new user, and under that user install flash per
> the handbook.  That should at least tell if it's some local user
> settings causing the issue.

When I create the new user, flash in FF doesn't work at all.
Instructions from
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/desktop-browsers.html (*Under
FreeBSD 8.X*) are followed.
symlink /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/libflashplayer.so ->
/usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-f10-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so exists.
Also packages
nspluginwrapper-1.4.4
linux-f10-flashplugin-11.0r1.152
are installed.

The reason why flash works in my main user is that
~/.mozilla/plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so file exists there.

I am not sure what this file
~/.mozilla/plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so is and where did it come
from.

So does this mean that instructions in handbook are wrong?

Yuri