ARP tables in FreeBSD (vs Linux)

Rogelio scubacuda at gmail.com
Mon May 23 20:11:15 UTC 2011

I found that a certain Linux gateway was having a difficult time with
thousands of ARP entries (about 13K concurrent ARP entries in 10 min
from ISP subscribers), so I put it behind a Cisco 7201 router and
added an IP helper to the interface.  Now it seems to be working much
much better.

In the future, I'd like to possibly use a FreeBSD box for this, but I
was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, experience, or tips on
how FreeBSD handle ARP compared to Linux.  Or should I just keep this
sort of thing dedicated to network appliances?

--
Also on LinkedIn?  Feel free to connect if you too are an open
networker: scubacuda at gmail.com