Tape drive for backup soloution

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Mar 29 07:00:05 UTC 2011

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:56:18 +1030
William Brown <william.e.brown at adelaide.edu.au> wrote:

> Are there any recommendations that you can make about compatible
> solutions. My knowledge in this area is limited.

My needs are not so big and I use HP Ultrium 448 (LTO-2) drive, but
I'm sure that buying HP's LTO-2 drive will be nice solution for you.

btw, I recently switched from Bacula to Amanda, but I'm just in the
process of moving to (Free)PCBSD, but I'm sure drive is supported
well.

Otoh, I also heard that IBM's drives are not bad and usually cheaper
than HP brand.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)

http://atmarama.net | Hlapicina (Croatia) | GPG: CDBF17CA